MAX30100 Pulse Oximeter and Heart Beat Sensor
This is a Pulse Oximeter and Heart rate Sensor module based upon Maxim’s MAX30100 integrated IC which is an compact low cost integrated solution for measuring Heart Rate as well as Pulse oximeter.
MAX30100 sensor has two led’s and a Photo-detector the two led’s are used to emit two different wavelength of light. One led is a red led while the other one is an infrared led. The photo-detector is then used to sense the absorbance of the blood flowing through the finger tip. This signal is then processed using a low noise analog signal processing unit and then an internal micro-controller then converts it into digital output and gives out data in i2c protocol.
MAX 30100 Sensor Module has an inbuilt voltage regulator so it can be powered via 5 Volt and can be interfaced to any 5 volt micro-controllers, Arduino as well as Raspberry Pi.
important : you must connect 2x Resistors (Pull Up resistor to pins SDA – SCL if you use Arduino)
هام / يجب توصيل مقاومة تصل بالجهد الموجب 3.3 فولت والطرف الثاني منها يتم توصيله بـ
ومقاومة اخرى ايضا بالجهد الموجب 3.3 فولت والطرف الثاني منه يتم توصيله ب
Features of MAX 30100 Pulse Oximeter and Heart Beat Sensor
- Complete Pulse Oximeter and Heart-Rate Sensor Solution Simplifies Design
- Integrated LEDs, Photo Sensor, and High-Performance Analog Front-End
- Tiny 5.6mm x 2.8mm x 1.2mm 14-Pin Optically Enhanced System-in-Package
- Ultra-Low-Power Operation Increases Battery Life for Wearable Devices
- Programmable Sample Rate and LED Current for Power Savings
- Ultra-Low Shutdown Current (0.7µA, typ)
- Advanced Functionality Improves Measurement Performance
- High SNR Provides Robust Motion Artifact Resilience
- Integrated Ambient Light Cancellation
- High Sample Rate Capability
- Fast Data Output Capability
Applications of Pulse Oximeter and MAX30100 Heart Beat Sensor
- Fitness Assistant Devices
- Medical Monitoring Devices
- Wearable Devices