CNC Shield Expansion Board + 4 DRV8825
CNC Shield Board:
– Latest CNC Shield Version 3.0 for Arduino.
-GRBL 0.9 compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an UNO for Arduino that turns G-code commands into stepper signals)
– PWM Spindle and direction pins
4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
– 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
– Uses removable A4988 or DRV8825 compatible stepper drivers
– Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
– Compact design.
– Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors or soldered in place.
– Runs on 12-36V DC. (At the moment only the DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the – operation voltage when powering the board.)
Simple step and direction control interface
Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
45 V maximum supply voltage
Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB